Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Walking Dead Recap: Season 4 Episode 12: "Still"

The Walking Dead Recap and Review: Season 4 Episode 12
I love Paris and I love zombies. If you like at least one, you've come to the right place. Here's this week's recap and review of The Walking Dead, "Still", Season 4 Episode 12.

Well, this recap is going to be easy because NOTHING happened this episode.

Daryl was a grump but at least he killed a rattlesnake for dinner and did some nice zombie skull-bashing. I really don't know why I eat while I watch this show.

Beth got sick of Daryl's what's-the-point attitude and went on a mission for booze. This is normally something I would support - I love me some booze and have a bottle of champagne chilling for when Baby #2 is born - but in the ZA? No thanks. When I drink, it's balls to the wall. There's no one-glass-of-wine this or a tiny-sip-of-liquor that. I drink everything in sight and leave a path of destruction in my wake. I'm chill like that.

But I can only do that if I know that the next day I can lounge around in my hungover misery, drink gallons of water, stuff my face with greasy fast food, and eventually (when I can stand up long enough) take a shower. None of those things would be possible in the ZA. Could you imagine waking up with a helluva hangover and have to KILL ZOMBIES and then RUN AWAY and then NOT EVEN GET MCDONALDS as a reward for your efforts? No way, man. So until I got set up in a camp with water and food, I'd be saying no to liquor.

That doesn't stop Boozy Beth from seeking some out. First she finds a wine bottle but has to kill a zombie with it. Considering the bottle was already opened (and who knows for how long) I'd say that zombie did her a favor.

Then she finds some peach Schnapps, which Daryl Downer smashes on the floor, eloquently stating that "I ain't havin' your first drink be no peach Schnapps." Word.

Finally, Daryl gets on board with BoozeQuest and leads Beth to a shack with some moonshine (that apparently he had found while searching the area with Michonne). They play "I've Never," which is always fun but degenerates quickly. Daryl gets pissed at what seems like the present but is really about his past. You see, before the ZA he wasn't any of the cool things people have been guessing, he was just Merle's sidekick.

But then Beth talks him off the ledge and they end up sitting on the porch of the shanty drinking moonshine and chatting. As you do.

What's the logical next step? Burn that mother down! Why enjoy shelter (especially since they slept in a CAR TRUNK the previous night) when you can burn it down in a short-lived therapy session? Oh, and since it's in the middle of the woods, maybe it will set the whole rest of the world on fire while they're at it. If people in real life did half the stupid crap people on TV do, we wouldn't be long for this world.

Yet I keep coming back for more. Next week: hopefully an episode with more than two characters and less burning of houses!